Wednesday, November 18, 2009

There is a God in Heaven

There is a Father in Heaven that hears and answers prayer.

Please know this dear reader, you are a child of God. Your Heavenly Father knows you and he loves you. He hears your prayers and answers them. Whatever your circumstances are at this moment in your life, however difficult your challenges may be, take a moment to absorb these words. There is a God in Heaven, He knows your name and hears your prayers”. He knows of your challenges and difficulties. He wants to help you. Pray to Him that we call God or Heavenly Father. Call out to him in your own words, perhaps sounding something like this:…

“Oh God, my Eternal Father, please accept my simple expression of gratitude for all that thou doest for me. I come to thee now in this hour of need to ask for a personal blessing”… and then ask him what it is that you would like for him to do for you. In the scriptures, reference is made over and over of successful patterns for communicating with God and how he communicates with us. These words , found in the Holy Bible, in the Book of Revelations chapter 3, verse 20 are just an example:

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with me.”

In our hour of trouble, it seems the door is closed and that no one can hear our cries. I tell you that It is not so. God is there, he is knocking. I have found that sometimes our trials and difficulties are uniquely designed to bring us to God’s door, to condition us in a way that will make it possible for us to hear him. I assure you that he is knocking. Open the door, let him in and he will come in to sup with you and comfort you.

Just how do we hear him, and how do we open the door? I have found that I hear him best when I pray and meditate. When I pray, I actually call on him using my own words, I call on Him or address Him by saying, “My dear Heavenly Father” or some other words by which I know him. Then, I usually spend a few moments thanking him for things that he does for me. Gratitude is very important because it increases our faith in him by conditioning us to recognize his influence in our lives. The scriptures teach; “And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things…” After thanking him for my blessings, I explain my predicament and ask him for those things that I would like him to do for me. I am always surprised to find that anything that is important to me is important to him. My needs can be so simple as to having him help me find my car keys or, they can be so complex as to have him bless me to overcome some terrible emotional or physical distress. He has even helped me with relationship issues and business problems. I have seen him bless me in many wonderful ways. I have seen and heard of many personal experiences of others who have also had similar, remarkable and miraculous blessings as a result of their heartfelt petitions to our God in Heaven. And then, to close my prayer, I always finish by saying, “in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.” Christ taught his disciples about prayer and said to them, “And now, I go unto the Father. And verily I say unto you, whatsoever thing ye ask the Father in my name shall be given unto you.” I am grateful for the scriptures because they help me learn successful patterns that I can then use in my life.

To conclude, I declare boldly that He is there. He wants to bless you and to help you. In Matthew Chapter 11, verse 28-30 it says: “Come unto me all ye that are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

I hope that you have a wonderful day. I hope that you will use this hour of trouble as a stepping stone in getting closer to your Heavenly Father. It is so… worth it! Whatever the trouble or challenge just know that you will come out of it all. This too will pass! But to go through the experience with a firm understanding of God’s love for you makes the journey so much better. He is there!! he loves you!!

Your friend,

Marcus

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that reassurance Marcus. When I find myself looking at the bad I can only turn around and look to my Father In Heaven. I can feel His presence and then feel good immediately. I know He is there for me. I have a sense that He answers every single prayer every time for me, He does, I know it.