Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Be a Pioneer

I admire those who are pioneers in one way or another. These men and women through their persistence and effort improve our future and our lives. Mothers are pioneers. Fathers are pioneers. Converts, immigrants, entrepreneurs, students, athletes, people who are doing things, or those who are improving their lives and the lives of others, they are all pioneers.

I think that we all are or have been pioneers. At some time or other in our lives, we have had to be at the forefront, cutting the way ahead. If there is no one in front of you it is sometimes very difficult. You may be frightened of the unknown, exhausted or even discouraged, yet, you carry on. You push forward and finish what you started. Many men and women have lost their dreams when obstacles begotten, and many others have given in, phobic of faulty piton. However, at this critical time the champion in us all may emerge, no failure is acceptable, no challenge is insurmountable, no sacrifice is too much and no pain to difficult to endure. Darkness may gather, friends may abandon us, the world may condemn us, but this is the hour of our triumph. This is the hour of our glory. This is the moment where we give our all to a good and worthy cause and win or lose, this moment is ours. I know how this feels. I have experienced it in my life. It is at times like this that I rely on the words of President Theodore Roosevelt to lift me and inspire me to buck up and 'get it done':

IT IS NOT THE CRITIC WHO COUNTS

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly;who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming;

but who does actually strive to do the deeds;who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause;who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt
Citizenship in a Republic; Speech Delivered at Sorbonne, Paris
April 23, 1910

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is good. Live life on the leading edge, great message from this great President. Try again and again with the understanding that everything will eventually be all right. After reading posts like this and as I go through my self-inflicted trials I feel the relief and assurance that I'm in the right path for my personal daily choices. I feels good to be a pioneer but it also feels a little lonely because there is never a crowd on the leading edge of thought. Good, this is good, it is good to feel good.

Marcus said...

Efren, you will notice on my blog that I have included inspirational videos and music. Please see the Video that I posted called "Pursuit of Happiness". You will enjoy it very much. It coincides with your comments and observations.